Today we announced new usability capabilities that help project managers create and provision custom PPM applications based on proprietary business processes and templates with spreadsheet-like ease. The latest offering extends Daptiv’s new user interface to its Dynamic Applications™ enabling increased user productivity and better collaboration on projects and business initiatives.
“Ease of use and an intuitive user experience is paramount for widespread adoption of project portfolio management software within an organization,” said Melinda Ballou, Program Director, Application Life-Cycle Management and Executive Strategies, IDC. “Daptiv’s SaaS delivery approach and speed of deployment have been critical in helping their customers worldwide to gain visibility and control over their IT project portfolios.”
Many organizations have unique business processes and templates as part of their PPM framework. Daptiv’s Dynamic Applications give users the flexibility to build and provision custom PPM applications that support those business processes. Daptiv’s latest product release introduces user-friendly inline editing capabilities and shortcuts within Dynamic Applications that simplify the experience of creating these applications. Specifically, the new release includes:
- Drag-and-drop support for WYSIWYG layout of columns and column widths
- Support for custom field types in list views
- Direct copy and paste actions on collections of application items
- Bulk edits of application items, changing data across many items in a single action
- Importing to allow for either additive or replacing inserts of new items directly from Microsoft Excel or CSVformatted files
Additionally, Daptiv’s new release includes updates to the Project Tasks grid that enable users to view and manage all custom data directly within the grid. Updates include:
- Task filters that allow users to instantly filter assigned tasks and overdue tasks
- A real-time filter box that allows users to quickly find specific tasks in larger schedules
- Task views which now display impact indicators, alerting users to cascading changes when editing an individual task
- The ability for direct copy and paste actions on task collections, allowing users to quickly and easily create duplicate tasks within the same project or across different projects
- Bulk edits of tasks, allowing users to change data across many tasks in a single action
Daptiv’s newest release also features task importing, which enables the addition or replacement of new tasks directly from Microsoft Project and XML-formatted files. Further, the product is now certified compatible with Microsoft Project 2010 for use with task import and ProjectTransit.
“Many of these latest enhancements are a result of direct feedback we’ve received from customers who want a fast, simple and intuitive way to integrate customized project management applications into their environments,” said John Baldwin, CEO of Daptiv. “Daptiv is committed to delivering the latest innovations in Web-based PPM software, and this new release is an example of our continued investment in our industry-leading on-demand PPM solution.”