By Mark Upson, Changepoint President
Today I am excited to announce barometerIT is the newest addition to Changepoint’s solution platform. Acquiring barometerIT allows us to strategically build upon our solid foundation of project portfolio management (PPM) and professional services automation (PSA) by adding strategic planning and portfolio analysis abilities to the Changepoint suite of business solutions. This added capability to offer strategic portfolio planning and analysis, paired with PSA/PPM allows us to bring an increased level of value to customers, as well as to the employees and partners of both companies.
barometerIT’s solution has been proven to deliver impactful results in weeks, as compared to the months and years typically expended in corporate enterprise architecture initiatives. Because of this innovative approach in achieving cross portfolio enterprise intelligence, the Minneapolis -based company has earned the attention and praise of industry experts with recognition as a “Visionary” in the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated IT Portfolio Analysis and as a Gartner 2014 ”Cool Vendor.”
This acquisition is great news for new and existing Changepoint customers as together these solutions will enable you to…
- Easily map complex relationships across project, application, technology, service and other business-critical portfolios
- Audit enterprise portfolios for security, end of life, and compliance risk
- Identify business and investment risks/redundancies before they have severe downstream impacts to the organization
- Better track and migrate IT spending from sustainment to innovation
- Continually rationalize investments and align (or re-align) initiatives/performance with objectives
- Facilitate better organizational effectiveness by providing up-to-date and accurate visibility into resource, application and technology models across systems with complex interdependencies
Pairing these solutions into an integrated business execution management platform will provide you with leading edge enterprise portfolio management capabilities that deliver an up-to-the-minute blueprint of your business and IT portfolio investments, and the tools to optimize performance while eliminating redundant costs. We’re looking forward to bringing this new offering to market, and I’m confident the acquisition of barometerIT will significantly grow our capabilities, bringing Changepoint client satisfaction and value to all-time highs.
You can follow this acquisition online and learn more about additional benefits in the coming days (@Daptiv, @_Changepoint, and @barometerit). For more information please view the official press release here.